1. About this Policy
2. Your personal data
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession.
3. Who are we?
The Scottish Churches’ China Group (SCCG) Registered Charity No: SCIO SCO33740 Registered Office: 31 Buckstone Court, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH10 6UL
4. How do we process your personal data?
The SCCG complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by: Keeping personal data up to date; By storing your personal data on a password protected system; By destroying your personal data securely; By not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; By protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure; By ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
5. We use your personal data for the following purposes: To enable us to provide a service for the benefit of the members, the public and partners in a particular geographical area; To administer membership records; To fundraise and promote the interests of the charity; To manage our employees and volunteers; To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications); To inform you of news, events, activities associated with the SCCG.
6. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Processing is carried out by the SCCG in accordance with our aims as set out in our Constitution; We have a legitimate interest in contacting our members to keep them advised of our activities. We also have an obligation to maintain membership records in accordance with charity law. The processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with the SCCG in connection with those purposes); There is no disclosure to a third party without consent; Explicit consent of the data subject (if not a member of SCCG) to enable the SCCG to keep you informed about news, events and activities. We carry out necessary processing in relation to your gift aid donations, which we are obliged to carry out by law. We have a legitimate interest in maintaining contact with our donors and supporters over and above the legal requirement to maintain financial records; Processing is necessary for carrying out the charity’s obligations under employment and social security law.
7. What personal information do we hold?
Members’ name, address, telephone numbers, email address(es); Staff name, address, age, contact details, National Insurance number and bank details; On occasion, Bank Account details of members who may require to be reimbursed for expenses;
8. Sharing your personal data: Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the charity in order to carry out a specific activity or purpose connected with the charity. We will only share your data with third parties outside of the charity with your consent.
9. How long do we keep your personal data?
We retain membership and contact data while it is still current; Gift aid declarations and associated paperwork for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate.
10. Your rights and your personal data: Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: The right to be informed about how your personal data is processed; The right to have access to your personal data; The right to have your personal data corrected; The right to have your personal data deleted; The right to restrict processing; The right to object to your personal data being processed; The right not to be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling.
12. Contact Details: To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact the SCCG Advisor: Patricia Johnston firstname.lastname@example.org Tel no: 07903465138
13. Complaints: You have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal data to The Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland, 45 Melville Street, Edinburgh EH3 7HL Telephone: 0131 244 9001 Email: Scotland@ico.org.uk https://ico.org.uk/about-the-ico/who-we-are/scotland-office/